Louisville, KY | Full-Time
Java Developer Job Description
Are you wanting to work on bleeding edge tech? Have you acquired a proficient amount of computer science knowledge in your career thus far? Do you enjoy arguing about game theory? If you are motivated with a nimble mindset, then you may be what we're looking for.
- Designing and implementing Java-based React applications, API's and service layers.
- Analyzing user requirements to inform application design.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Develop and enhance our main front end platform working with an amazing team
- Defining application objectives and functionality.
- Aligning application design with business goals.
- Developing and testing software.
- Debugging and resolving technical problems that arise.
- Producing detailed design documentation.
- Recommending changes to existing Java infrastructure.
- Developing multimedia applications.
- Developing documentation to assist users.
- Ensuring continuous professional self-development.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- Experience with user interface design, database structures and statistical analyses.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
El Toro is the fastest growing company in Louisville, we have achieved that status by building a team of talented professionals that like to work hard and play hard. Strong benefits and compensation including arguably the most fun work environment in the region. If you are corporate, unimaginative or just a stick in the mud forget everything you just saw, this job is not for you. Otherwise click below to apply.